Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
As a member of the Network Operations team, the Senior Network Engineer will be working on core infrastructure, servicing all of our customers, as well as infrastructure to support our own staff. You will help provide, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot network equipment at multiple sites. You will be working closely with team members at both of [compan_short]’s primary office locations, as well as with local staff at our various data center sites, and with vendors and customers. The position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- At least 3 of the following certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE), Juniper (JNCIP), Red Hat (RHCE) and CompTIA (A+, Network+).
- At least 8 years of experience in the field.
- Thorough knowledge of networking concepts, including OSI model, Ethernet and TCP/IP specifically.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco IOS or Juniper JunOS.
- Detailed knowledge of layer 2 networking, including STP, VLANs and port channel/Etherchannel technology.
- Detailed knowledge of layer 3 networking, including dynamic routing protocols and HSRP/VRRP/GLBP.
- Some understanding of load balancer concepts and technology; Netscaler experience a big plus.
- Knowledge of IPv6 networking, VPN.
- Prefer candidates with a working knowledge of UNIX, Linux or Solaris.
- Must be able to provide tier-two and tier-three support for production environments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the remainder of Network Operations to keep our network infrastructure operating at peak efficiency.
- Proactively identify and report capacity constraints, weaknesses and potential problems before they lead to outages.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation within Operations at large, including some systems-side support duties.
- Work with other teams on improvements necessary to provide better service delivery.
- Coordinate with third-parties for network maintenance and service-affecting events.
- Create and document formal processes and troubleshooting procedures.
- Diagnose underlying network architecture issues and propose modifications for problem resolution.
- Schedule, document and implement maintenance procedures when necessary.
- Create lab environments to diagnose network issues or performance reviews.
- Provide 3rd level support for WAN and VPN infrastructure as required.
- Citrix XenApp and XenServer experience.
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, and VoIP.
- Sonicwall Firewall expert experience.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto and VMware is a plus.
- VMware design and implementation.
- Knowledge of MPLS, T-1, DS3, 802.3, 802.3af(ix), 802.11abgnac, TCP, UDP, GRE, IPSec, IP is a plus.
Benefits include: everything mentioned above plus: vision, paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick time, business expenses account, company vehicle.
Our generous compensation plans are structured as salary plus bonuses for yearly network performance, with initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
How to apply? To apply for this position send the following three items to us:
- 1-2 paragraph description of why you are passionate about network engineering.
- Email your Cisco certification validation code to us.
- Email any other certification ID/validation numbers you might have.
- We will send a technology self-assessment to people who stand out.