As a member of the Technology Operations team, the Systems Engineer is responsible for administration, installation, monitoring and troubleshooting of EOX Technology Solutions’s systems.
- At least 5 years of experience in the technology field.
- At least 3 of the following certifications: Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE, MCSM, MOSE, MOSM, MCTS, MCITP), Cisco (CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE) and CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+, Server+).
- Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to multi-task.
Key responsibilities include:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot mission-critical (co-located and internal) data center systems including hardware, OS, database, clustering, and established third-party applications.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule and maintain installations and upgrades. Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Automate routine processes and tasks using scripting techniques.
- Ensure server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures. Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to develop and maintain comprehensive configuration documentation database/library.
- Troubleshooting PC-based computer hardware.
- Installation and configuration of Windows Servers 2008/2008R2/2012.
- VMware configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Active Directory configuration and maintenance (including GPO administration).
- Configuring Outlook (POP/IMAP/local Exchange/hosted Exchange).
- Installation and configuration of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 & 8 (domain environments).
- Cable/DSL/T1/fiber connections (shared Internet connections in general).
- Network infrastructure (switches/routers/firewalls/port-forwarding).
- NTFS Permissions.
- Virus/spyware removal.
- Printing (local and remote).
- Remote desktop connections (client and terminal server environments).
- VPN setup and operation (client and server).
- Wireless (WiFi) protocols and security.
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP.
- Citrix XenApp and XenServer experience.
- Sonicwall Firewall expert experience.
- Cisco switches and wireless configuration troubleshooting and management.
- VMware design and implementation.
- SAN implementation and management.
Benefits include: everything mentioned above plus: vision, paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick time.
Our generous compensation plans are structured as salary plus bonuses for meeting utilization, compliance and customer service requirements, with initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
How to apply? To apply for this position send the following three items to us:
- 1-2 paragraph description of why you are passionate about technical consulting.
- Go to https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp to register and share your MCP transcript. Email the link to us.
- If you have an active VTP, VTSP or VCP, email the link to us.
- We will send a technology self-assessment to people who stand out.